Monday, October 28, 2013

I Miss My Galaxy


For all of my friends who may be reading this, I have a confession to make, I did not always have an iPhone. My dad sent me my iPhone a couple weeks ago, telling me that it's from my uncle who no longer wanted his iPhone 4. The Galaxy Express that I had before the iPhone was fairly new, but since my dad insisted on me being on "team iPhone" I threw in the towel and decided to use it anyway.

Mind you, I had an iPhone before, back in high school, but switched to Android shortly after college started for me. Android phone's can act a little slow at times, but everything on my Galaxy was right there, available to me whenever I needed it. It had shortcuts for me from my lock screen, two music players, ton of memory, and everything looked so clear, smooth, and sharp. And don't get me started on the amazing battery life. That phone was amazing in every way shape and form and I am completely head over heels for it.

Now this iPhone, on the other hand, I'm not too fond of. At first I thought I had to readjust to the iPhone life, using emjois, having a pass code, and only using one iTunes for music. But now I'm beginning to think that I am (as the kids today say) not about that iPhone life, though. For the most part it's how my social media is used on the two phones.

On my Galaxy it was simple to use Twitter, if I wanted to switch from my timeline to my interactions I could merely swipe the screen. On the iPhone I have to press the tab buttons at the bottom, which could make me end pressing a random tweet or if I slide it I could accidentally retweet/favorite someones tweet. Facebook is also the slowest thing in the world on my iPhone. When it even opens up, it responds to my every move one second late. Every. Single. Time. My Galaxy at least had the courtesy to force close itself if it was taking too long to open up and when it opened again it would be at it's top speed.

A lot of people with iPhones tell me I'll get use to again, and that it's so much more reliable. Oh yes, it's reliable but, it just manages to tell me what exactly I don't need to know. It's great that it tells me that Bejeweled and Temple Run wants me to play again or that the App Store has updated an app. However, my emails, snap chats, tweets, and (sometimes) texts usually don't come through until it's too late. iFunny doesn't even notify when there is a new feature out, I just have to guess. The Galaxy, though (yes, you guessed it) did all of that.

At this point, I just decided that I'm just going to keep my precious Galaxy as safe as possible and just use this iPhone until it breaks. Let's be real, it's me we're talking about, it's bound to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I don't miss my Android phone at all! I had a Google Nexus and it was unreliable and had constant malfunctions. Maybe it was different for you with a Galaxy, but I'm pretty happy with my iPhone.

    ReplyDelete