Monday, September 30, 2013

#Hashtag

One major difference between fraternities and sororities is our big-little relationships. In fraternities some of the big-little pairs are pretty close, like me and my big or me and my little, for example, however the majority of them are not close at all. Sororities, on the other hand, have the strongest big-little bonds. The moment the new members find out who their bigs' are they almost completely lose their identity, losing their first names and address each other as "Big" and "Little". Oh, and I can't forget about their G-bigs' or "G!!!!!" as I'm so use to hearing it.

Since my big, Taylor, little, Gibby, and I are close we often make fun of the sorority lango, screaming "BIG!" and "LITTLE!" every time we see each other, mainly when we're around sorority girls.Twitter makes mocking them a lot easier with hash tags and Twitter accounts like, @biglittleprob and @TweetLikeAGirl two accounts that I see on my timeline that my sorority friends constantly retweet.

Most of our mocking is actually done on Twitter. When we returned to school, back in August, I tweeted my excitement to see Gibby with this tweet:


That tweet received four favorites, one from Gibby, of course, and the other three from sorority girls. I don't know if they knew I was actually mocking them, hence the "lol", or if they genuinely felt just how much I actually I wanted to see Gibby. I mean, I did miss the guy but, I would never actually express it that way.

 Gibby rebuttaled a couple of weeks later when we hung out one night with this tweet:

He received a little bit of buzz from that tweet as well but, the question still lies do they really think that's how we communicate with each other or do they know we were just, blatantly, mocking them? The world may never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment