Sunday, September 29, 2013

Meadowlark Lemon

A few weeks ago I was driving back from Lima with my brothers, Chem and Ian, cruising down Reservoir when I noticed a sign that said, "FREE KITTEN". Chem and I locked eyes immediately and I knew we had the same thought in mind, that we were getting a kitten that day, and Ian was on board 100 percent. We pulled into a driveway where a woman showed us five four week old kittens, some white with areas of grey and the others grey with some areas of white. They all were cute kittens but, none of them caught my attention more than the tiny all grey, fluffy, precious little kitten. Once I held him in the palms of my hand I knew he was the one we were going to take home and when Ian and Chem held him they knew it too. From that moment the three of us were proud owners of a kitten, a kitten by the name of Meadowlark Lemon.

There's only one way to describe Meadowlark Lemon, think about the happiest you've ever been in your life. Now think about that in the form of the cutest cat you've ever seen. No matter how upset you are or how bad of day you've had you can't help but to be happy around this cat. Everyone who has seen this cat falls in love with him, even the people who are allergic. The biggest and manliest of men expose their feminine side when they see Meadowlark Lemon, he is that perfect.


Unfortunately, since I live in the Sigep house, I can't have a pet which sucks for me and Chem. So Meadowlark Lemon lives with Ian in his apartment, I'm not too fond of the situation but I deal with it. I still get to see him as often as I can and we all still share equal responsibility for him. We all pay for his necessities such as, food, litter, and toys. All three of us gave him his flea bath and got rid of his fleas. And we all have and share the same amount of love for him but, lets be real I really I have the most love for him and he loves me the most. I swear, God put a piece of heaven in Meadowlark Lemon when he made him because, he is just absolutely perfect.


3 comments:

  1. I must say that Darnell is not joking or wrong in any way when he says everyone that meets this adorable kitten falls in love with him. I met him when Ian was taking him home and I am not a cat person at all; I love dogs, but I wanted to steal this adorable kitten the second I held him. He is one of the cutest, calmest kittens I have ever met. However, my only question is: Who gets to keep him when you all graduate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnell, after reading your blog and seeing the adorable side pictures, I want a kitten of my own! I would love to see your little kitten one of these days. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil Meadow (aka Doug apparently) is so cute. Kittens are so awesome and energized all the time and Meadow is no different! For real Ian is going to have so many more friends now that Meadow lives there. Also keep sending those Snapchats of him being wonderfully adorable because they never fail to make my day.

    ReplyDelete